Fashion Show and Movie Shots are Features at Hanover as Cold Spikes Short Pants Movement--Leaders Adamant

Hanover, N. H., May 15.--Despite the cold weather that rather rudely descended down upon Hanover today a goodly number of the Dartmouth college students continued to wear their short pants today and walked about the streets bare legged. Some of the more timid souls resorted back to the conventional long pants but the staunch supporters of the movement could not be frozen out.

The main interest today centered about a male fashion show that was staged for the special benefit of the Fox Movietone people. Models in it even went so far as to adhere to the fad while wearing both formal and informal evening clothes. Pathe Sound News and other motion picture companies were also on deck today to snap various campus scenes involving the wearers of short pants.

A check up of the various clothing stores in town here revealed that approximately 800 pairs of short pants had been sold already. The more colorful of the men today, however, did not appear in tailor mades but in basketball pants, slashed off filannels, and khaki Boy Scout shorts.

"The Dartmouth", daily undergraduate paper and sponsor of the movement, today reclined in its editorial chair and said, "Dartmouth has made its gesture; we settle back." It reiterated that the move was made, in all seriousness, and, with the thermometer at its lowest point for many weeks, continued, ironically, enough, "Wear your shorts not on principle but for comfort."