Small Attendance at Recent Scrubwomens' Ball Financially Satisfactory, Says Statement--Claim Publicity Distorted

Despite the fact that little more than a score of couples attended the Scrub women's Ball on Wednesday the Harvard Square Deal Association last night in a statement to the press said the dance was "quite satisfactory as regards attendance and finances". No definition as to meaning of the word "satisfactory" was, however, given.

Declaring the dance was mainly a demonstration, the officers of the Association go on to say that they have only begun and that a "quiet but vigorous" campaign will continue. Quite a few contributions have already been received and many more are expected with in the next few weeks. Just what the next move will be was not disclosed.

That the Association is not at all satisfied with publicity that it has received was made clear in the statement which decries the attitude of the administration and labels the newspaper accounts an being distorted.

The full statement, which was signed by T. F. Dudley 21, to as follows:

"Our campaign to raise funds with which to pay the Widener scrubwomen has thus far been moderately but definitely successful. The benefit dance at Brattle Hall, which was conducted primarily as a demonstration rather than a source of revenue, was quite satisfactory as regards attendance and finances and a marked success in view of the general circumstances. The only regrettable incident was the publicity which was unavoidably sensational and thoroughly distorted.

"Further investigation has revealed the administration's attitude as untenable technically as it is incredible morally. We shall continue with renewed energy a quiet but vigorous campaign within the University for contributions to the general debt fund. So far as we are concerned, we have just begun."