ANNUAL HANDICAP TRACK MEET TO BE HELD FRIDAY

RECORD, HALLOWELL, MASON TO COMPETE THIS YEAR

On Friday the annual University Handicap Track Meet will be held on Soldiers Field, with 15 events to be run off to finals during the afternoon. This meet affords the opportunity to former track stars who are now in the graduate schools to compete with some of Coach Farrell's present crop of stars, and at the same time men who have not had experience are aided by liberal handicaps to compete on an equal basis with the veterans. Freshmen, as well as men on probation are also enabled to enter this meet.

Fourteen prizes in as many events have been donated by various Harvard Alumni, the discus being the only event for which there is no special award. Names of winners are inscribed on the cups, and pictures of these cups are given to each man.

The events to be contested are as follows: the Wells, mile and half mile; the Krogness 120-yard hurdles; the Mansfield 100-yard dash; the Jaques 2-mile run; the Hollister 880; the Carcelon 220-yard hurdles; the Dodge 220; the Fearing high jump; the Haydock pole vault; the Farrell shot put; the Mikkola javelin throw; the Little broad jump; the Von Kersburg hammer throw; and the discus.

E. E. Record '32, star of last year's meet, will be eligible to compete again. N. P. Hallowell '32, T. F. Mason '30, and P. N. Vonckx '31 are among other stellar track men who will be eligible for the meet.