Crimson Forces Defend Scalps Against Daily Dartmouth In Battle Today--Visitors Threaten Faux Passing Attack

As a misty, rain-driven darkness settled over Soldiers Field last night, eleven CRIMSON iron men wound up their last grueling practice session. This afternoon at 4 o'clock in some far corner of Soldiers Field, the CRIMSON will gird up its ink-stained Joins and go forth to do battle with the red-skinned, scalp-mad fury of the Daily Dartmouth.

"All the boys need now is some punch," Captain White told reporters last night. He was confident that his team would be able to break up the famed Hanover faux-passing attack.

A large crowd watched the scrimmage yesterday until they discovered that it was not the second Varsity, after which the only on-lookers were a House team which wanted to use the same field. Practice consisted of a fifteen-minute scrimmage against the CRIMSON candidates, who put on some of the trick plays for which the journalistic Indians are famous. At the end of that time, the House team demanded its football back and the rest of the session was given over to tackling practice.

Exhibiting the fruits of a long experience in tackling deans and professors for stories, the boys showed up very well in tackling practice, but after several hours of this, someone recalled that the game was to be touch football.