SQUASH PROSPECTS FOR SEASON ONLY FAIR AS FALL PRACTICE BEGINS

ONLY ONE TEAM IN "A" LEAGUE THIS YEAR, INSTEAD OF TWO

The squash session will officially commence Monday afternoon at 4.30 o'clock, with a meeting of all varsity squad and managerial candidates at the Linden Street squash courts. The following afternoon at the same time and place, a preliminary gathering of all Freshman squad and managerial aspirants will be held.

These meetings will be purely for purposes of organization, and practice will not commence until after the fall sports season is completed, which will be some time late in November. A Varsity and a Freshman tournament will be held right away, however.

G. H. Hartford II '34, is the only letterman from last year's team to return to college. Among the other outstanding players, who will undoubtedly be present at the meeting Monday, are: H. V. Baxter '33, J. G. Cornish '33, this year's captain, S. E. Davenport '34, and J. B. Walker Jr. '33. Huntington Thom '35, captain last year of the first-year team, is another of the players who may be relied upon.

Only one team will be represented in the Massachusetts State "A" Squash League, instead of two, as was the case last year. The managers are attempting to inaugurate a collegiate schedule, with the hope that in some future year the Varsity "A" team may be withdrawn from the State League. In accordance with this plan, matches have been arranged with Princeton, M.I.T., the Hope Club of Providence, and Yale. As both Brown and Dartmouth have recently acquired squash courts, it is hoped that matches may also be arranged with those colleges. It is possible that some of the House courts; Dunster, Lowell, and Leverett, will be used for these matches.