A FIRMER FOUNDATION

The decision of the University to consider the possibility of accepting the University Film Foundation as an official department of the University indicates that finally the University is willing to recognize publicly the services of the Foundation, and realizes that it has satisfactorily earned its board during its short apprenticeship of the last few years.

The original purpose of the Foundation was that experiments should be made in producing films for use in laboratory and class-room work. By filming Biological and zoological processes over a great length of time, it was possible to speed up the projection of the films, thereby reproducing graphically in a short space of time the complete record of these gradual developments. That the value of films of this nature is unquestionable may be seen by the fact that besides their constant use in science courses, subjects for research have been filmed for similar use in the fields of anthropology, sociology, and education.

Should the University decide to consolidate, the organization will have more than earned the right to the full title Harvard University Film Foundation.