SALTONSTALL ELECTED TO LEAD 1932 HOCKEY TEAM

NEW CAPTAIN A SUBSTITUTE RIGHT WING THIS YEAR

At an election held immediately following the taking of the team picture, Robert Saltonstall, Jr. '33, of Readville, was named to head the Harvard skaters next season. The newly elected captain has been playing at right wing in the second line this year. Next season's manager will be H. J. Bourneuf '33, of Chestnut Hill.

Saltonstall, who prepared for Harvard at Milton and Exeter, was captain of the 1933 hockey team two years ago, and also president of the Class of 1933, during that year. In addition to having a position on his class hockey team, Saltonstall rowed number seven on the outstanding 1933 crew, and last year rowed in the same position in the University boat. Harvard's hockey captain for 1932 won a third set of 1933 numerals as an end on the football eleven. The new hockey captain is a member of the Student Council, and this year is the Junior in charge of Freshman affairs.

Before coming to Harvard the newly named hockey head participated in football and hockey at Milton, and in football, hockey, and crew at Exeter. During the hockey season that has just ended, Saltonstall has been the first substitute for Cunningham, retiring leader and right wing of the Harvard skaters. The scoring punch of next year's captain was of great reenforcing value to Coach Stubbs' team throughout the Harvard schedule of games. In the first game with the University Club, Saltonstall's sharp shooting in the closing instants of the game broke a 1 to 1 deadlock that hung over the evenly played contest, and gave the Harvard team a 2 to 1 margin of victory. The captain-elect was the heaviest man on the squad this winter, weighing 185 pounds.