FIRST FACULTY EIGHT TAKES INITIAL OUTING

Lincups in Boat Made Known as Crew Starts Practice-All Men Have Had Past Experience Here and Abroad

The seatings for the first Faculty crew in the history of the University were determined yesterday, and an initial outing was taken on the Charles in the afternoon.

The new crew is being coxswained by F. W. Burnham 2G.B., a veteran of Harvard and Cambridge crews of the past, and is stroked by C. McK. Norton 3L, both of whom are graduate students included in the crew at the last minute, because of a lack of Faculty members willing to join the enterprise.

Mason Hammond '25, instructor in History, and T. L. Harris, University adviser in religion, organizers of the crew, rowed 7 and 5, respectively. W. M. Marvel, proctor in Wigglesworth Hall, occupied the number 6 position in the shell, while R. H. Martin '34 rowed at number 4. The bow, two, and three seats were held by B. W. Hislop, a proctor in the Yard, R. I. W. Westgate, instructor in Greek and Latin, and J. F. C. Richards, instructor in Latin and Greek, respectively.

Hammond and Westgate rowed together at Baliol College, England, and all members of the crew have had considerable previous experience in the art of rowing, several having rowed in England. It is notable that three men on the crew are advanced students of the classics.

The next outing of the crew will be held on Wednesday afternoon.