SEVEN MORE PRIZES ARE AWARDED TO STUDENTS

SARGENT PRIZE GOES TO PRATT FOR WORK ON SHAKSPERE

Seven more annual prizes have been awarded to students in the College and Graduate School of Arts and Sciences by a vote of the Harvard Faculty which was announced yesterday.

The Lloyd McKin Garrison Prize of $175 has been divided between Stanislas Pascal Franchot '32, of Boston, for his poem "Prelude to the Twilight of the West" and James Rufus Agee '32, of Rockland, Maine, for his group of poems. Both men will get silver medals. Honorable mention goes to C. L. Sultzberger '34, R. M. Hatch '33, and Keith Martin '32.

Frank Martin Snowden, Jr. '32, of Roxbury, has won the $75 Bowdoin Prize in Classics, for a translation into Attic Greek. Honorable mention is given to H. L. Bisbee '32, who gained the prize last year.

In the Graduate School a Bowdoin prize of $300 was awarded to David Fleisher 2G, of Brooklyn, New York, in the fields of English, Fine Arts, and Music, for an essay entitled "Bacon's 'Essays' and Castiglione's 'Courtier'". G. E. Stead 1G and M. W. Eccles 4G earned honorable mention. In the fields of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Engineering, the award of $300 went to William Fausset Bruce, Ph.D. '31, of West Somerville, for an essay entitled "The Stereoiserism of Oximes." J. D. Squires 1G and E. S. Redford 2G both obtained honorable mention for their work in the fields of History, Government, and Economics.

The Sales Prize of $60, to the best scholar in Spanish "who shall have commenced the study of that language at Harvard College and whose scholarship shall be determined by his proficiency in Spanish Composition" was awarded to John W. Walsh '34, of Quincy, for the best translation of a passage into Spanish.

The Winthrop Sargent Prize of $150, for the best work relating to Shakspere, goes to John M. Pratt 5G of Pittsburgh, for an essay entitled "Aaron Hill, Disciple and Defender of Shakespere."

Eugene B. Vest 2G, of Dixon, Illinois, won the $50 Ruskin Prize with his essay, "The Socialism of Ruskin and Morris."