GIVE HOFFMAN, FUTCHER, AND BISBEE 1932 PARTS

"A NEED FOR A NEW CREDO" IS TOPIC OF HOFFMAN'S PART

H. L. Bisbee '32, P. H. Futcher '32, and P. G. Hoffman '32 are the winners of the contest for Commencement Day parts, and will address the audience on that day, June 23. These men were picked out of 18 applicants, all of whom were, by rule, candidates for a degree with honors this year, by G. H. Maynadier '89, assistant professor of English, and F. C. Packard, Jr. '20, assistant professor of Public Speaking.

Bisboe was the winner of a competition of two for the part of giving the Latin greeting. After the old tradition he welcomes the officials, students and audience in the Latin tongue, in a speech of about five minutes duration. Hoffman will then give his part, "The Need For a New Credo," in which he will bring out the present day necessity for new set of beliefs and possible revision of Christian morals. This will be followed by Futcher's part, "Dwarfism and Gigantism," dealing with effect of the pituitary gland on human growth. These two topics follow the usual policy of having one touching on contemporary life and standards, and the other on a subject of learning of general interest. Last year there were four parts including the Latin greeting, and the reduction this year can be accounted for by a smaller competition.