FOUR CREWS IN FINAL ROWS BEFORE RED TOP

COMBINATION CREW PICKED BY COACH HAINES

In the first workout since last Saturday, two Varsity crews, the Freshman eight, and a combination crew paddled away from the Newell boathouse yesterday to commence the last week of training on the Charles before leaving for Red Top on Sunday.

The Varsity crew, which rowed off upstream first, was seated exactly the same as it was when it rowed against Syracuse and Cornell last week except for the stroke position. Parker, however, regular Jayvee stroke, was setting the beat temporarily instead of Cassedy, who was unable to row on account of his neck, which he strained yesterday while diving. T. B. Knowles '34, who has been stroking the third Varsity all season, and who has been picked to stroke the combination crew at New London, was substituted at stroke in place of Parker in the Jayvee boat.

Combination Crew Rows

Rowing together today for the first time under Coach Haines, the combination crew, made up of four upperclassmen and four Freshman substitutes, will leave for Red Top after the examination period. The seatings of the crew, as it went out today were, Stroke--R. H. Martin '34; 7, Richard Stackpole '34; 6, Taggart Whipple '34; 5, S. H. Walcott '33; 4, K. W. Brown '35; 3, J. T. Mendenhall '35; L. P. Jordan '35; bow, D. W. Lewis '35; cox, F. F. Jones '34.