TODD HEADS INTRAMURAL COMMITTEE FOR SPORTS

Committee To Investigate Probation Rules--Tennis, Golf, Touch Football To Start Monday

At a business meeting of the House athletic committee, held in the conference room of the Hygiene Building on Wednesday, October 11, Arthur W. Todd '35, of Lowell House, was elected as chairman. Todd is an active member of the Lowell House football team, and Librarian of the Glee Club.

One of the main questions at the meeting was that concerning the probation rules governing Yale-Harvard House contests. In order to deal with this matter, Todd appointed as co-members of a sub-committee, James T. Dennison '34, of Eliot House, and Richard G. Fletcher, Jr. '35, of Leverett House.

The committee also set the starting date for the golf and tennis tournaments, and for the inter-House touch football league, as Monday, October 16. A meeting of the eight touch football managers will be held on that day at 1.30 o'clock. Statistics revealed that approximately 80 men had signed up for golf, and nearly 150 had signed up for tennis.

The members of the House athletic committee are: chairman, Arthur, W. Todd '35 (Lowell); William T. Piper, Jr. '34 (Adams); Harold Frankel '34 (Phillips Brooks); James D. Tew, Jr. '35 (Dunster); James T. Dennison '34 (Eliot); Ernest A. Wye, Jr. '34 (Kirkland); Richard G. Fletcher, Jr. '35 (Leverett); and George A. Thayer '34 (Winthrop).