23 MEN ARE AT INITIAL FRENCH CLUB MEETING

Arrange For Sing-Song and Play Later In Year--Other Entertainments Are Planned

Twenty-three members attended the first meeting of Le Cercle Francais, held last night at 8 o'clock in Lowell House D-12. Ten of these were Freshmen, while the majority of the remainder were students attending for the first time. This was an exceptionally large turnout for the first meeting of the year.

Elwood D. Boynton '35 was appointed chairman of the entertainment committee. To assist him in this capacity, Boynton picked Edouard Assemat ocC, who will be in the University until March to learn the English language. Robert R. Barker '36, was also recommended to the entertainment committee.

A sing-song, along the same line as those held by the German department, is planned for the near future, as well as the presentation of a melodrama or other long play. This production will be undertaken for the sole purpose of giving enjoyment to those taking part in it.

Meetings of the club will be held the second Wednesday of each month. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 8, at Madame Burguet's restaurant in Boston. It is expected that talks will be given by members of the faculty and possibly by some visiting Frenchmen of note.

The French Club is the oldest organization of its kind in the University, and was formerly known as Le Cercle Francais d'Universite Harvard.