BOYLSTON, WADE PRIZES TO BE GIVEN IN MARCH

Upperclassmen Will Recite English, Latin, or Greek Passages in Annual Spring Contest

The Lee Wade and Boylston prizes for elocution will be awarded on March 27 following a competition open to upperclassmen of good standing, it was announced yesterday by Frederick C. Packard, Jr. '20, assistant professor of Public Speaking. Competitors will deliver memorized selections of five to seven minutes' length taken from standard poetry or prose in English, Latin, or Greek.

Selections Must Be Approved

Competitors must submit their selections to Professor Packard for approval on or before Monday, February 25. After the beginning of the second half-year, he may be consulted at Holden Chapel on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 12 o'clock. Other consultations may be arranged through special appointment.

History of Award

The Lee Wade Prize consists of $50 and was founded in 1915 by Dr. Francis Henry Wade, in memory of his son, Lee Wade, 2nd '14. One Boylston Prize of $50, and two of $35 each were founded in 1817 by Ward Nicholas Boylston in honor of his uncle, Nicholas Boylston, who established the Boylston Chair of Rhetoric and Oratory.