THE RED BOOK

Last year's Freshman committee appointed by the CRIMSON to study the problems of their class, suggested as one of its proposals, the abolition of the Red Book. They suggested in its place a booklet which would list the Freshmen and give their pictures in much the same fashion as was customary under the old plan. The booklet would have many advantages over the Red Book.

The Freshman yearbook has always been published in May. It has been the custom to include in it the history of the class, its social life, and its athletic prowess. In order to insert this data it has been necessary to make a charge of five dollars to all prospective purchasers.

The new booklet, which might well take the name of its predecessor if and when it does appear, would eliminate this financial difficulty. The production of the ordinary Red Book of the past few years runs above two thousand dollars, and when only half of the class buys the finished article, it makes the time and energy of the editors worthless, and the cost practically prohibitive. The new booklet would be of much more assistance to the incoming class.