J. P. BAXTER WILL GO TO ENGLAND TO GIVE THREE TALKS

Will Speak Under Sponsorship of the Cambridge Board of History on Anglo-American Relations

James P. Baxter, associate professor of History, will travel to Cambridge University, England, during the month of January to deliver three lectures on Anglo-American relations.

These lectures are being sponsored by the Faculty Board of History of Cambridge University, and are the first of this kind ever delivered by a Harvard representative in England.

Leaves January 3

Professor Baxter will leave the United States on Friday, January 3, and will return in time for the second half year on Thursday, January 30. At that time he will resume lecturing in his course, History 13, on the Diplomatic History of the United States.

The title of his first lecture, to be delivered on Wednesday, January 22, will be "The Aftermath of the Civil War"; the second on the following day is titled "Burial of the Hatchet, 1898 - 1901"; the last will be given on Friday, January 24, on the subject "British-American Policies in the Far East Since the War"

Book Translated

Professor Baxter, who is Master of Adams House got his A.M. degree from Harvard in 1923 and a Ph.D. in 1926. Recently he has had a book of his translated into French entitled "The Introduction of Iron Clad Warships".