CRIMSON SKIERS WILL JUMP, RACE AT PLACID DURING THE VACATION

DARTMOUTH, TORONTO AND McGILL HAVE MANY ENTRIES

Four Crimson jumpers will journey to Lake Placid this vacation to compete with the crack ski teams from Dartmouth, New Hampshire, Cornell, Ottawa, St. Patricks, Toronto, McGill, Williams and Princeton colleges.

Bill Loomis, Peter Brooks, Dave Emerson, and Harry Locke form the quartet making the trip. Besides jumping, they all plan, with the exception of Locke, to go into the relay, the cross country or languaf, the downhill, and the slalom races.

Last Christmas Brooks decided he would take up jumping so that by February he had developed into a good jumper and at the Dartmouth Carnival took twelfth place out of a field of over 40 men.

Although Loomis rates as a good Third Class racer, he is going to concentrate on jumping this vacation and plans to enter may of these events this season.

A schedule of the three days competition that these four will face would seemingly serve to put them out of commission for the rest of the season. On Monday, December 30, the morning event will be a 14 kilometer cross country race followed in the afternoon by a slalom.

The following day in the morning there will be a downhill race and in the afternoon a cross country relay. On New Year's Day the final event will be run off when the teams zoom down the Intervales 33-meter hill in the jumping meet.