BROOKS HOUSE CHOOSES FRESHMAN COMMITTEE

Names Three to Take Charge of Dinner for Needy--Precedent to Be Broken in Cabinet Meeting

At a meeting of the Freshman Committee in Phillips Brooks House last evening, three Freshmen were selected to take charge of the Christmas dinner on Thursday, December 19, which is being planned for the needy children of Cambridge.

The group, Oliver P. Bolton '39, Edward W. Schoyer '39, and Peter F. Cunningham '39, will also have charge of the drive for old clothes which is soon to commence through the Yard. In connection with this baskets are to be placed in each entry of every dormitory and a resident appointed to solicit cast-off garments.

J. Gordon Gilkey, Jr. '39, has volunteered to assume the burden of the Red Cross work which is to be done by the committee this year. His duties largely will consist of acting as a chauffeur in the House beach wagon twice each week.

A break in precedent in Phillips Brooks House procedure is indicated, for it is reported that Bolton and Gilkey will be present at the next meeting of the House Cabinet.