$1775 IN AWARDS GIVEN FOR SECOND HALF-YEAR

Scholarships Granted to Eight Students On Basis of Their High Scholastic Achievement

Scholarship amounting to $1,775 have been awarded on the basis of high scholastic standing to eight students in the College, the Engineering School, and the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, it was announced yesterday. The stipends will be used for the second half of this academic year.

Undergraduate Awards

The following undergraduates will receive awards: Aaron Paley '36, of Cleveland, Ohio, the Mary L. Whitney Scholarship; William H. K. Donaldson '37, of Washington, D. C., the Howard Rogers Clapp Scholarship; and Jerome S. Zurkow '36, of New York, N. Y., the Clement Harlow Condell Scholarship.

In the Engineering School, the Gordon McKay Scholarship will be awarded to Arpad A. Warlam, of Budapest, Hungary, a graduate of the Royal Hungarian University of Technical Science.

In the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Albert J. Guerard 1G, of San Francisco, California, will receive the Harvard Club of an Francisco Scholarship; Madison S. Booler 1G, of Rochester, N. Y., the Townsend Scholarship; James O. Ferrell 2G, of Decatur, Alaska, a University Scholarship; and Stanley B. Jackson 2G, of Madison, New Hampshire, the Wales Scholarship.