SUMMER SCHOOL OPENS DRIVE FOR MATURE MEN

Director Mather Starts Campaign for Graduate Enrollments--Spaulding, Roberts, and Chase on Faculty

Firing the first gun in the Summer School's drive to enroll intelligent men and women in the session commencing July 1, Kirtley F. Mather, professor of Geology and director of the Summer School, issued an invitation yesterday to "mature men and women who are anxious to keep abreast of the times."

With an eye towards the Tercentenary celebration in 1936, Mr. Mather is trying to make the school more than a tutoring school for undergraduates who have failed to satisfy their requirements and for other college representatives interested in casual study. He wants it to present the facts of the world today to persons active in its problems and to separate them from mistaken theories.

Edward G. Spaulding, professor of Philosophy at Princeton, is the most prominent visiting lecturer yet announced. Others include: Penfield Roberts, associate professor of History and English at M.I.T., who will give a course on the "Western World since 1914"; George S. McManus of the Faculty of the New England Conservatory of Music, and Dr. John W. Spargo, associate professor of English at Northwestern University. Stuart Chase and Sarah Wambaugh are slated to speak at a series of lectures.