CINDERMEN SCHEDULED TO WIN G. B. I. CONTEST

JENKINS STRONG OPPONENT FOR CAPTAIN SCHEU

Eddle Farrell sends his trackmen into their first spring competition on Friday of this week, when they face Boston College, M.I.T., and Northeastern at the Harvard Stadium for the Greater Boston Intercollegiates. Trials of the Varsity events and of the Freshman events will be run off early in the afternoon, with the finals of the first year men late in the afternoon. Finals of the Varsity events will take place on Saturday.

The Crimson team is rated the favorite for the meet, with Boston College favored over the other two New England teams. Only in the 400-meter race is Harvard definitely the underdog. The distance runs will prove the strongest points for the Farrellmen in track events, while the pole vault, the hurdles, and the weight throw will be the best of the field events.

Jenkins of M.I.T. is picked as the only entrant of the meet who has a chance to outspeed Captain Scheu in the 1500 meters. The Tech man raced against Reccall in the Stadium this fall, and is likely to provide Scheu with plenty of competition right up to the finish.

Playfair should romp home in the 3000 meter without much trouble. In his last race the Tri Meet at the Boston Garden--he finished a full half-lap ahead of his nearest opponent.