LERNER GRANTED LEAVE, UNIVERSITY ANNOUNCES

Corporation Also Appoints Five New Research Fellows Besides Fifteen More Assistants

Dr. Max A. Lerner, Lecturer on Government in Government 22b and 29b, was officially voted a leave of absence from February on, according to a University news release yesterday. Reports two days ago said Lerner had resigned to take the editorship of The Nation. The Corporation also announced the appointment of five research follows and fifteen assistants in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.

The new research follows are:

Ladeley Husted, of Charlettesville. Virginia, cytegeneties: Bela A. Lengyel, of Budapest, Bungary, mathematies; Sheldon C. Reed, of Montpelier, Vermont. genetics; Arthur E. Bent, of Weston. Blue Hill Meteorological Observatory, and Walter S. Florx of Bridgwater, Virginia, cytogenetics.

The fifteen new assistants are: William H. Nichells, of Lexingten, Kentacky economics: Donald M. Kubel, of Bar Keley, California, economics; Carl E. Thomas, of Belmont, economics; Richard R. Goodwin, of Brockline, biology Branford P. Millar, of Warsaw, New York, English; Kenneth P. Miller, of Columbus, Ohio, English; Meyer R. Abrams of Long Branch, New Jerees. English; Basis W. Kchler, of Thun, communication engineering; Demorested of Newport. Rhode Island Biology and Olot H. Pearson, of Destenter biology.