4 NEW APPOINTMENTS ARE MADE TO FACULTY

Wyman, Baker, Wild, Birkhoff Are Appointed to Posts in Horticulture, Business, Government, Mathematics

New appointments to the faculty, announced today, are as follow:

Donald Wyman, B.S. Penn. State '26, M.S. Cornell '29, Ph.D. '35, now on the Cornell faculty, was appointed Horticulturist at the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard for three years, from January, 1936. He will supervise the living collections at the Arboretum. He is recognized as an expert on ornamental plants, soil fertilization, and plant propagation.

John Calhoun Baker has resigned as Assistant Dean and Instructor in Finance at the Harvard Business School, and has been appointed Associate Director of Business Research at the School for three years, from February 1, 1936.

Payson S. Wild, Jr., Instructor in Government and Tutor at Harvard, has been promoted to Assistant Professor of Government, for three years, from next September 1.

Garrett Birkhoff, of Cambridge, Mass., A.B. Harvard '32, at present a Junior Fellow of the Society of Fellows at Harvard, has been appointed Instructor in Mathematics and Tutor in the Division, for two years, from next September 1.