HARRIERS OPEN SEASON WITH H. CROSS RUNNERS

Victory Forecast for Crimson With Whole Squad Allowed to Take Part in Opener

Monday, October 12 is a holiday for most people, but for the cross country team it marks the opening of the season against the Holy Cross collection.

Everybody who comes out for the team will be allowed to start instead of the usual procedure whereby ton men are elected for the opening gun. For this reason no time trials have been made, and just what the team will do is more or less a matter of conjecture.

In the past, however, the Purple has been a fairly easy aggregation to knock off, and no untoward difficulty is expected Monday. Last year the meet had a strong Crimson tingo with the runners from Mt. St. James collecting only the second and fourth spots in the first ten.

Freshmen Also Get Start

The Crimson stalwarts who are expected to bring home the points so necessary for a win (profound statement) are Captain Hayden Channing, Charley Worth, George Gardnor, Johnny Day and Alden Haupt, a pair of nowcomers, Henry Marcy, Cyrus DeCosier, and John Erhard.

The Freshmen also face off with little known about them except there's a fellow named Therne who will be intercollegiate champion two years from now so the story goes.