Hon. J. Banks Kurtz, Former Pennsylvania Congressman Will Address Landon Rally

Republican Club Sponsors New Lecture Hall Meeting

Honorable J. Banks Kurtz, former Congressman from Pennsylvania and one of the leading orators of the Republican Party, will speak in the New Lecture Hall Tuesday night October 27 at 8 o'clock at a rally sponsored by the Harvard Landon-Knox Club, it was announced last night by William J. Hammond, Jr. '37, president of the Club.

Kurtz represented a Quaker State district in the lower House at Washington for 12 years, retiring two years ago to devote himself to his law practice. He is widely known as one of the best trial lawyers in the state, and is a former District Attorney. During the war he was chairman of the committee on Public Safety and Counsel of Defense.

Introduced by Bacon

Scheduled to introduce Kurtz is Gaspar G. Bacon '08, Republican candidate for governor of Massachusetts two years ago. Bacon, who is completing an intensive campaign of Pennsylvania and New York, will arrive just ahead of Kurtz who is now on a whirlwind tour of the doubtful Middle-Western states.