R. P. HEDBLOM PUT IN CHARGE OF '40 AS KEPPEL'S AIDE

Council Has Only $250 Out of the $3000 Promised--Next Meeting Will Face Woman Rule Again

Richard P. Hedblom '39 has been appointed by the Student Council to assist Francis Keppel '38 in his duties as Student Council Member in charge of Freshman affairs. Hedblom holds the position Keppel held last year and will help him in advising the Union Committee, running the Class elections, arranging the Smoker, and will eat once a week at the Union to keep generally in touch with any Yardling problems that may come up.

The appointment of Robert M. Bunker '39 and Jack D. Andrews '39, made last spring, was solely for the job of helping oversee the Red Book innovation. Bunker and Andrews suggested last year that this be published in two instalments and were subsequently entrusted with the duty of working out the plans this year. Their position however, is not comparable to that of Hedblom, who occupies an official post, filled every year by the Student Council with one man from the Sophomore class.

Collection of Piedges Laggins

Other business which was annoimeed at the last meeting of the Student Council was the collection of only 3850 in cash from the $3000 pledged during registration. Before the budget of the Council can be balanced of awarding scholarships completed, the rest of these pledges must be cashed.

The next meeting of the Council will be held on Thursday, November 12, at 7:30 o'clock in University Hall. It is expected that at that time the Council will be in receipt of some answer to the parietal rule request of yesterday and that this problem will again be taken up.