Coach Stubbs Leads 25 Varsity Pucksters to Lack Placid With Prospect of Three Consecutive Games With Clarkson

Four Lines, Three Defense Pairs, Two Goalies Slated to Go On Christmas Trip

Leading a retinue of 25 men, Coach Joe Stubbs will be faced with the prospect of three stiff games on consecutive nights when he takes the Varsity ice squad to Lack Placid for the approaching Christmas Holiday.

Again as last year the opponents for the Crimson skaters will be from Clarkson Tech, a small technical school located in New York State not far from the Canadian border. In the three encounters last year, the Varsity split exactly even; winning one, tying another, and losing the third.

Accompanying Stubbs will be Coaches Clark Hodder and "Skeets" Canterbury, Trainer Jimmie Dunn, Manager Hal Kellogg, and twenty players. While he is taking four lines, three pairs of defensemen, and two goalies, Stubbs does not expect to use them all in the games.

The players will meet at Placid on Tuesday, December 29 which will give them one day to get in trim for the opening encounter in the Olympic Arena on Wednesday evening. The Arena will also be the scene for the two games to be played on the following nights, Friday and Saturday, January 1 and 2.

Local adherents will have their next opportunity to see the crimson pucksters in action during the week following the close of vacation, George Ford will lead his mates into a three game home schedule with McGill, Toronto, and Dartmouth sure to furnish plenty of opposition. The games will be played on Tuesday, January 5, Thursday, January 7, and Saturday, January 9 on the Garden ice.

Those probably making the trip will be: George Ford, Austin Harding, Ralph Pope, Fred deRham, Joe Patrick, Leo Ecker, Sam Callaway, Russ Allen, Gene Emerson, Traf Hicks, Charlie Bellows, Charlie Houghton, Win Jameson, Pete Stone, Max Talbot, George Roberts. Johnny Mechem, Ned Cutter, George Mahoney, and Nort Kidder.