SKI TEAM HAS RECORD TURNOUT AT MEETING

VETERANS TO PROVIDE STRENGTH IN ALL EVENTS

Speaking in place of the absent Coach Charles N. Proctor, Manager Richard Preston '37, welcomed the largest turn out of skiing candidates on record, as over 70 men met to discuss plans for the coming season.

Preston greeted the new men and introduced Alex Bright '19, member of last year's Olympic Skiing Squad, who spoke on the Olympic competition. Moving pictures of the team in action last year were exhibited, and the plans for the season were presented.

Christmas at Lake Placid

During Christmas vacation, the squad will go to Lake Placid to participate in the 16th Annual College Week Ski Tournament and open their competitive skiing.

The University Open Meet will be held on January 10 at some place as yet undecided. This meet is open to all men in the University and will include all classes. Positions on the team will be largely dependent on the results of these races.

Returning veterans led by Captain Colin Maclaurin '38 are Harold T. White '37, winner of the University Slalom last year, Thomas Motley '38, who placed second to White, and Robert H. Shaw '37, who placed second in the University Downhill.

Others who competed last year are Peter Brooks '38, Dunbar Carpenter '37, and Charles S. Rogers '37. These men, who showed steady improvement last year, plus new men from among the large number of candidates should strengthen the squad.

Weakness in the cross country events last year was costly in the meets. It is expected that the returning veterans will provide strength in this event, while the slalom and downhill should be strong points