FRESHMAN NINE DOWNS EXETER, THAYER TEAMS

Curtiss Gains Fourth Victory, Foley Third, as Lupe Lupien Continues Batting-Streak

Rallying to overcome a five run lead the Freshman baseball team went on to score nine tallies in the last three innings and triumph over Exeter 11-5. Lupe Lupien continued his punch at bat three hits out of five times at bat, including a long home run in the seventh inning with a mate on base. Slim Curtiss in gaining his fourth win of the season allowed nine hits, but he was able to tighten in the pinches and prevent the visitors from scoring after the fifth inning.

Freshmen Trim Thayer

Yesterday the Yearlings ran their string of victories to nine straight when they trimmed an inexperienced Thayer Academy team 16-4. Running wild on the bases and helped by Thayer's nine errors, the Freshmen were ahead from the start and never in any danger. Frank Foley pitched a fine game allowing only six hits and striking out 13 while winning his third victory. Heckel took the batting honors for the day by garnering four hits out of six tries.