Henry Hull Chosen Adviser of H.D.C., Sees Rehearsal, Speaks on Modern Theatre

Star of "Tobacco Road" Entertained by Dramatic Club Members

Henry Hull, creator of the vitriolic role of Jeeter Lester, the tobacco-chewing Georgia cracker, in "Tobacco Road," who is now filling the part in the play's Boston engagement, tops the list of prominent persons in dramatic or literary circles who form the honorary advisory board of the Harvard Dramatic Club.

Hull, who besides his immense hit in "Tobacco Road" has appeared in other successes such as "Springtime for Henry," will hold the position for five years. He attended a rehearsal of the forthcoming Dramatic Club production "The Wind and the Rain," inspected the sets, which have been designed by Alfense Ossorio '38, and gave a short talk on acting and the modern theatre.

The honorary advisory board will eventually consist of not more than 21 members. At present it contains such men as John Mason Brown, dramatic critic for the New York Evening Post and former member of the HDC, Donald Ocuslager, New York scene designer and former officer of the club, Frederick C. Packard, Jr. '20, professor of Public Speaking, and J. Tucker Murray '99, professor of English.