CRIMSON WILL PRINT COLLEGE PHONE BOOK

FREE TO EACH SUITE IN COLLEGE DORMITORIES

Offering another convenience to the Undergraduates of Harvard, the CRIMSON will branch into a new field this year by publishing a Telephone Directory of all the Students, Commuters as well as boarders, in the Classes of 1937 to 1940, inclusive.

With its nearly 3500 Students, Harvard College can be compared to a good sized town, differing, of course, in that its residents shift each year. In years such as this, when the regular Boston directory, which appears every nine months, comes out in June and therefore lists the addresses and telephone numbers of the preceding year, the lack of a directory published for the College year is especially acute.

Difficulties Eliminated

In listing the Commuters, it will open a chance for closer association between them and the Boarders. In many instances, if one does not know a Commuter's father's first name, it is quite a circumstance to find his number.

Each man in a suite will be listed under his own name alphabetically, so that it will not be necessary to know the names of all the occupants of a suite.

There are few colleges in which Students are allowed to have their own telephones, and as far as is known, this will be the first list of Students, their addressed, and their telephone numbers, complied for their use.

As soon as the new Directory is published, which will be about the middle of October, one copy will be given free to each suite in the College dormitories. To all others it will cost 25 cents.

Any telephone customer or his roommate who does not wish to be listed may have his name omitted by notifying the CRIMSON orally or in writing before about the first week in October