'42 PUCKSTERS FORCED TO SEEK PRACTICE SPOT

VARSITY COACH HODDER CALLS AYRES ONLY STAR

Coach Al Dewey '36, successor to former Freshman Coach Clark Hodder and former Crimson and Boston Olympic star, has only been able to run his Yardling hockey squad through one short practice of a half an hour last Friday in the Boston Arena. The place for future practice is uncertain.

The squad of about 60 men has been hampered by the fact that the new rink, being built by the Boston Skating Club, will not be finished until the end of December. From then on practice will be held six times weekly in the new rink.

Although there is but little hope at the present for more than one practice a week, the Yardlings have two games scheduled before Christmas. The first is with Mount Saint Charles School at Providence, Rhode Island, on December 10, and the second game is with the Belmont Hill School on December 15. Where the Belmont Hill game will be played is uncertain since the Freshmen will not have their new rink in time.

Most promising of the Freshmen, according to Varsity Coach Clark Hodder is Charles B. Ayres '42 of Thayer Hall and formerly of Choate School. Ayres played at center on the Yardling football team.