Huey Sees Saltonstall, Quinn, Lehman Breaking Tape Today

By Hu FLUNG Huey

"Will Saltonstall Landis on top of Curley like a Bushnell of Wood," was the first question I asked the conductor on the subway last night. "The Democratic party," the conductor answered as he took my dime, "will poll a heavy vote in South Carolina, Georgie, Florida, Alabama, and Texas. The situation is not clear in some other states."

As the train slowed up for the Charles River Station I pressed him again. "It it too Earle to say whether the Democrate are leading with their Quinn? From the Caulfields of the East to the open Miles of the West they are having a Trft fight. Farley is said to have cried 'O' Hara' when they brought him the Tydings."

The conductor lit a pipe. "Both sides passed out uniformly bad cigars this year, and neither party commits itself on the question of Grade B motion pictures. What Boston needs is a five cent fare or a fire." Seeing this line of questioning was getting me nowheres, I lowered my voice.

"From a strictly Lehman's point of view, it Lucas to me as it neither side will Dewey as well as it hopes. The time not being Langer, they didn't seem to Vanderbilt a Nice machine. Pause a Wiley. Did E Plan to Cross Overton the other party? The result is that the Democrats will be Luckey to Caraway the state, and they may get Nye votes at all."

"What most worries the Man on the Street," replied my friend, "is a car coming around the corner. There are more women running for office than ever before. Feminism has grown a beard. Their slogan is, Put All the Males in the Post Office."

I tried do draw him out on the campaigns. "In a Berry big speech a candidates began, "The question is Tobey or not Tobin'. One of the audience shouted back, 'Lemke out of here. Van Nuys is as bad as another.' The speaker yelled, "I Sawyer first and if you don't Pepper up I'll Clark you on the Crump."

The The conductor shook his head. "The Republicans are trying to get out of the grass roots and into the gravy. The Democrats have been eating ham and eggs in California and their own words in New York. As for me, I forgot to register." Hu F. Huey's Big Four Saltonstall  over  Curley Lehman  over  Dewey Quinn  over  Vanderbilt Harvard  over  Yale