Dudley, Lowell Win Baseball Games; Puritan and Commuter Natators Win

Lowell Takes Leverett 8-1 While Dudley Beats Dunster 14-8; Leaders Play Today

Dudley and Lowell, tied for third place in the inter-House baseball standings, each won yesterday at Briggs Cage at the expense of Dunster and Leverett.

The Commuters ran up 14 runs against Dunster, scoring in all but one inning, Dunster got six of their eight runs in a fourth inning rally off pitcher Larry Alexander, but the Dudley hurler settled down and held the Funsters scoreless in the last two innings to win his fourth game of the year.

Roger Kinnecut and Tom Fels made up the Dunster battery, while Joe Fisher caught for the Commuters.

The Bellboys overcame the Bunnies 8 to 1 with four runs in both the first and the second innings. Leverett scored their one marker off Lowell twirler John Fisher in the third inning.

Lowell got eight hits off the offerings of Jim Monkman, Bunny pitcher while Fisher was holding Leverett to three hits. Bill Swift and Mel Gordon each got two hits for Lowell.

The results of yesterday's games do not change the league standings but they make the gaps among the first four teams very small. Kirkland leads by a meager half game with Eliot right behind. Then a half game behind the Elephants come Lowell and Dudley.

Today the Elephants meet the Deacons in what may turn out to be the crucial game of the year.