No Clue Discovered of Dresser, Missing From Room for Month

University Has Lost Track of Four Students Within Last Thirteen Months

Waldo L. Dresser '40, who disappeared from his Dunster House room preceding the Christmas holidays, is still missing, it was learned last night and confirmed when the CRIMSON contacted his sister in Worcester by telephone. This is the fourth disappearance of a student in 13 months.

Shortly after he left Harvard, Dresser sent the only known correspondence since December 7, to his mother, Mrs. Frank L. Waldo, from New York City. Preceding his departure, Dresser handed his resignation to the University and withdrew $300 from the bank.

Seeking Georgia W. P. A. Job

According to his sister, Dresser left in search of work. It was suggested that his ultimate destination was Georgia, where he hoped to secure a job on the W. P. A.

Dresser entered college as a member of the class of 1939. On probation last fall, he was a candidate for a degree next June. It was felt possible that he left college because of discouragement over his academic work.

It was learned yesterday that Dresser's resignation had been accepted and that he had been allowed to withdraw. His single room, Dunster J-44, has since been allotted to another member of the University.

Of those who have disappeared from Harvard since November 1937, F. William Burgess of the Law School was drowned, J. Wilbur Gould was found the victim of amnesia; and Robert J. Meyerson went to Utah.