YALE NEWS, RECORD PUBLISH BOGUS CRIMSONS SATURDAY

Harvard Square was bombarded by four separate editions of the CRIMSON on Saturday, but only two were produced by the editors of this newspaper. The Yale Daily News and the Yale Record, Eli humorous magazine, were responsible for the other two.

The CRIMSON printed a regular four-page morning edition, and within six minutes of the final whistle in the Stadium had an extra on Larz Anderson bridge with the final score and play-by-play account of the game. "Conant Resigns Presidency; Hutchins Named As Successor" was the headline of the Record's bogus issue distributed at Soldiers Field before the game, while "Harlow Resigns Post" was the 72 point banner on the News' effort which was delivered in the dormitories and Houses in the morning.

From a typographical standpoint the fake issue of the News was considered more convincing than that of the Record; however, Gayle Alken III, former CRIMSON editor who is now at Yale and on the News staff, declared for publication that the fraudulent CRIMSON "is the best-looking Yale News we've ever put out