HOOP CONTESTS SLATED TONIGHT AND TOMORROW

LINEUP WILL BE SAME AS THAT OF BROWN GAME

The Varsity basketball team, undaunted by its 50 to 39 defeat at the hands of a powerful Brown five Wednesday night, journeys to Middle town Connecticut tonight to meet Wesleyan, and then returns to encounter Boston University on the home floor tomorrow evening.

Coach Wes Fesler is starting the same team which opened at Providence, with Captain Charley Lutz and Bill Webber at forwards, Ed Rothschild at center, and Bud Finegan and Ed Buckley at guards.

Only Ten Men

The squad will be limited to ten men on its first overnight trip to of the season, and Lee Bird, Franny Simpson, Jack Penson, Bob James, and Joe Romano got the call to act as reserves. Simpson and Bird have so far seen little service, but the other three have alternated with Rothschild, Finegan, and Buckley in all three gams.

Fesler expressed satisfaction yesterday with the team's performances in the Brown defeat. "They were too tall and too good for us," he admitted, "but we played our best game of the year."

The Cardinals defending Little Three champions will put a strong team on the court, headed by Rex Knowles at forward and John Havighurst veterans from last year.