FAY SCOFFS AT THREAT OF RUSSO-NAZI TREATY

History Professor Says Finnish Dispute Exhibits Natural Enmity Between Hitler and Moscow

"Russia's outrageous invasion of Finland...is a direct consequence of Hitler's Russian policy last August, and it will increase the growing unrest in Germany, which some day may result in the overthrow of the Hitler regime," Sidney B. Fay '96, professor of History, declared Saturday in the Guardian's fourth weekly broadcast over WEEI.

Professor Fay, speaking on the general subject of Germany and Russia in the War, first analyzed the historical background of present relations between Berlin and Moscow. He carefully pointed out that although the Weimar Republic and the Bolshevists were on friendly terms, the Hitler government is the natural enemy of Russia.

"It is clear," Professor Fay said, "what Hitler and Ribbentrop expected to get out of the Russo-German treaty of friendship of August 22.... They believed that the German Soviet combination would also frighten England and France from giving their promised support to Poland.