Dunster Debaters Victorious Again

Defeat Out of House Men to Take Debating Trophy and Close Semester Undefeated

By defeating a team of Out-of-House men, the Dunster House debaters won the inter-House Debating Trophy last night in the latter's common room.

The Dunster team of Eliot I. Snider '41 and Richard M. Haber '41 successfully took the negative side of the subject: "Resolved, That Harvard Should Establish Athletic Scholarships." Last night's favorable decision was the fourth for this undefeated team.

The silver trophy, which is approximately 20 inches high, is a gift of the House Committees. Richard B. Wolf '41, the Dunster manager, commented after the presentation, that "the cup doubles the number of trophies in the Dunster House Dining Room."

Inter-House debating will resume its second semester late in February, continuing through the spring. Sixteen debates are scheduled for that period, the same as last session.

Inter-House debating is sponsored by the Varsity Debating Council, and the experience gained in these debates gives men preference in the Varsity trials which are held in February.