HOOPMEN EDGE HUSKIES; MERMEN MEET BOSTON "Y"

Sprints and Breastroke Promise to Be Most Hotly Contested Events in the Meet

In what is conceded to be no more than a good workout for Harvard's swimmers, the Ulen-coached tankmen will meet the Boston Y. M. C. A. tonight in the Indoor Athletic Building Pool at 8:30. The Freshmen will tackle the Boys' Club of Boston in a preliminary meet at 7:30.

The events which should be of most interest for swimming fans should be the sprints and the breastroke. The former races ought to be close with Boston's Bill Runge and Harry Koltonak in the sprints against Harvard's Lonnie Stowell, Harley Stowell, and Ned Goldwasser. Hayward, of the Y team will be up against a vastly improved Crimson breastroke delegation, with all three, Jack Waldron, Max Kraus, and Phil Walker, swimming the 200 event under 2:42 nowadays.

Tirrell, of Boston, who took a second to Graham Cummin last year in the 150 backstroke, will compete against Craig Moore and Art Bosworth tonight, unless Coach Ulen decides to use Lonnie Stowell again, to give him meet experience. Of the whole Y. M. C. A. team. Runge is the only really outstanding swimmer.

Captain Rusty Greenhood will not meet any important opposition in the dive, but will have an opportunity to roll up a good point total for the New Haven papers to copy. So far this year, Yale's Endweiss has been doing more of this sort of thing than has Greenhood.

The next Crimson meet, and the first league meet for the Ulenmen, comes this Saturday when a weak Pennsylvania team will hope for an upset in the local pool.