SHAPLEY, HANSEN, AND BINGHAM TO BROADCAST

February Programs for University's Short Wave Weekly Broadcasts on WRUL, WRUW Planned

Harlow Shapley, director of the Harvard Observatory; Alvin H. Hansen, professor of Political Economy; William J. Bingham, director of Athletics; and Harold D. Chope, instructor in Public Health Administration, are included in the schedule of the University's international short-wave broadcasts for February.

The broadcasts are transmitted by the non-commercial shortwave stations WRUL and WRUW of the World Wide Broadcasting Foundation, Boston, on Tuesday evening, at 7:30 o'clock; and repeated on transcription on the following Saturdays at 4:30 o'clock. The Tuesday night broadcasts are on 6:04 and 11:73 megacycles; and the Saturday broadcasts are on 11.79 and 15.13 megacycles.

The University has presented lectures and musical programs through the World Wide Broadcasting Foundation since 1936, and during the past two academic years has arranged for weekly lecture broadcasts by members of the faculty.

The complete schedule for February follows: Feb. 6, "An Athletic Policy for a College," William J. Bingham; Feb. 13, "Problems of a Public Health Administrator." Harold D. Chope; Feb. 20, "The impact of the War Abroad on National Business," Professor Hansen; and "Stars, Galaxies, and the Cosmos," Professor Shapely.