YOST SPEAKS AT DINNER

Varsity Club Dinner to Feature Harlow, Crisler

The Harvard Varsity Club's annual dinner will be held tomorrow night in the club house at 7:30 o'clock, and a program of five speakers has been arranged. Bill Bingham and Dick Harlow will represent Harvard, while "Hurry-Up" Yost and Fritz Crisler will speak for Michigan. The fifth man to toss his hat in the ring will be none other than Bill Cunningham, well-known Boston sports columnist.

President Dick Floyd of the Varsity Club is in charge of the dinner, and Judge Leo H. Leahy will serve as toastmaster. Undergraduate members are welcome but should make applications for tickets immediately because accomodations are limited.

Yost Retires

This is Yost's last year as Director of Athletics of the Ann Arbor instition, thus concluding a life time's work in athletics there. The present Wolverine football team has dedicated its 1940 season to him and wants an undefeated season as a parting offer.

In addition, this is Fritz Crisler's first game against Dick Harlow and Harvard as Michigan coach. While at Princeton, Crisler's teams tangled with three Harlow-coached Harvard elevens and emerged with a win, a tie, and a loss. This will be Michigan's first appearance in Cambridge since 1929.