CLASS ALBUM TO ACCEPT ADS

Greater Use of Pictures, Lower Price Due With Enlarged Budget

This year the Class Album will break Harvard precedent by printing advertisements. The new plan, recently approved by the Student Council, opens the way for desired changes in the year book, which has always been published on sales returns.

In connection with this, it has also been decided to revise the procedure by which the Album Committee is selected. The committee has previously consisted of five Seniors elected by their class.

By the new system, three members will still be elected by a class vote, but the remaining two will be chosen in a competition. Although the 1941 committee was elected last spring, the change will go into effect next week with a competition among Juniors for positions on next year's board.

This year's committee, under chairman John F. Brooks '41, will organize the informal competition, putting an emphasis on advertising. The two winners will receive posts on the 1942 Album and will become class officers. The results will be announced in conjunction with the elections next spring.

The plan will give Juniors, who have not done previous publication work or who are not well enough known to receive their class's vote, the opportunity to obtain positions on the yearbook.

It is also expected that a greater use of pictures will be possible and that the price of the book may be lowered in the future with the enlarged budget.

These changes are the result of a slow evolution over a period of years. John L. Donnell '40, the chairman of last year's Album Committee, crystallized the program, and Brooks finally constructed the petition which the Student Council passed.