U.S. ARMAMENTS TO BE DISCUSSED

Bottlenecks of Defense Production Will Be Economic Council Subject

Bottlenecks which are delaying American re-armament and preventing the swift development of United States military defenses will be discussed by two army captains tomorrow evening at an open meeting of the Business Economics Council.

Captains F.A. Ritchie and G. Oetinger, Jr of the Army Ordnance District will address the Council's members and all other interested students on "Technical and Economic Problems of Armament Production as Encountered by the Army" in the Junior Common Room at Dunster House.

Rifle Controversy

The Garand and Johnson rifles controversy which has rocked military circles, standardization of airplane specifications, and contract factors such as types offered, price ranges, and penalties for failure of delay of delivery are specific among the difficulties to be brought out.

Seymour E. Harris, associate professor of Economics, will introduce the speakers after the meeting has been opened by C. Joseph Clawson ocC, president of the Council. A discussion period conducted by vice-president Gordon Haines '41 will conclude the session.