COMMUNIST PARTY AND PREACHER ATTACK Y.A.A.

The Reverend Walton E. Cole Declares Organization's Propaganda Is Like Coughlin's

Attacks were levelled at the Y.A.A. both by the Communist Party of Massachusetts and by the Reverend Walton E. Cole in a sermon in Memorial Chapel yesterday.

Rev. Dr. Cole explained that the propaganda was somewhat similar to that which Father Coughlin, noted Catholic priest, broadcasts every week, in that it was both anti-Communist and anti-Semitic. Cole is the author of several books exposing the methods of propagandists and their influence.

The Communist Party of Massachusetts, however, was even more bitter and more explicit in its denunciation of the Y.A.A. In a release it said: "Statements have appeared about former Communists being members of this fascist group.

Party Expels Three

"The Communist Party expelled three, individuals now connected with Mr. James' organization. Anti-Catholic agitation is un-American. So are anti-Semitic agitation and practices. We are not surprised to learn that this very anti-Catholic activity which we all deplore is in part a reaction to coughlinism."

In a final blast the Communist Party stated: "There is but one race--the human race. We want to settle our differences the American way without an appeal to force."