Yale Tops Hockey League; Tiger and Big Green Follow

Elis Must Tie Crimson Team To Clinch Championship Saturday Night

Coming to the front with a pair of victories over defending Dartmouth and Harvard last week, Yale's hockey team now faces the opportunity of gaining its first championship since 1935 in the Quadrangular League. Only the Crimson, which will be met Saturday at New Haven for the second time in the annual home-and-home series, stands in the way of the high-flying Blue. A victory or a tie in this game will give Yale the title.

The Blue currently has 9 points, earned on four victories and one tie, with Princeton. The Tigers also have 9 points, but they have already completed their campaign. They won four, lost one and tied one.

Toronto Wins

The pair of triumphs last week also enabled Yale to take third place in the International Division standing, the title in which was won by Toronto when it defeated McGill for the second time this season. The varsity won eight straight in sweeping to its first championship since the league was formed four years ago. McGill, which won all three previous titles, finished second, with six victories and two defeats, for 12 points. Two of those points were added when Queens defaulted its postponed game. This is the first time in the history of the International League that the victor went through without defeat.

The season-long leader for individual scoring honors, Don Dunbar, of Toronto, walked away with this distinction. He scored 28 points in eight games, leading Bob Neilson, of Queens, by 7. Mcl Williamson, of Queens, and Jack Quigley, of Toronto, tied for third with 20.

The outstanding scorer in Quad play thus far is Dartmouth's captain, Dan Sullivan, who scored 13 points in his six games, but Yale's Roger Hazen, with one more game to play, has a chance to catch and pass him. The Eli wing has 12 points as has Princeton's Ralph Wyer. HOCKEY STANDINGS College  W.  L.  T.  P. Princeton  4  1  1  9 Yale  4  0  1  9 Dartmouth  2  4  0  4 Harvard  0  5  0  0