Asks Aid for Holland

MAIL

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

Only a fortnight ago, Holland was involved in the gigantic struggle of the great powers of western Europe. In 5 days the main part of my country was either laid waste or reduced to ashes. The tulip fields, in full bloom, the pride of every Hollander, portrayed a symbol of the country's desolate destruction after the wheels of Mars' juggernaut had trampled them. For a few days, the whole world's attention was focussed on Holland. Then, the war moved on. New battles took place and my country's plight no longer was expressed in the headlines of the day. Another nation had been added to those that had to appeal to the world for help.

It is in this spirit, Mr. Editor, that I write this letter to you. Tiny Holland, after giving support to the refugees of the warring nations in World War No. 1, has to ask for help itself now. Thousands of Hollanders saw their possessions destroyed overnight. A procession of war stricken refugees, including hundreds of students like you and me, began to tread the road of desperate flight. To help these people, a committee has been organized under the presidency of Hendrik Willom van Loon. This "Queen Wilhelmina Fund" has a New England chapter under the presidency of Professor Auer of Harvard University. Contributions to this fund, will be used for the relief of Dutch refugees. Every Harvard student who wants to help my country in this, its darkest hour in history, is requested to send one dollar or less to: Henry Reiss, C-32 Hamilton Hall, Harvard Business School. Henry Reiss 2G.B.