Yardling Nine Scores 10-5 Win Over Yale

Crimson's Errorless Playing Keeps Elis Subdued After First Inning

Joe Phelan, Yardling hurler, was simply warming up in the first inning of the Freshman baseball game with Yale at New Haven on Saturday. But he just warmed and warmed and warmed as the game went along, coasting to a 10 to 5 win.

After that unsteady first frame, Phelan had the game well under control, bearing down whenever men were on base so that the Elis were never again able to bunch more than one run in any inning. The side-arm pitcher showed a good fast ball and change of pace.

Phelan Scores Three

Phelan also led the squad at the plate blasting out a home run in the fourth inning with two men on the sacks to score three runs. Clusters of two runs were tallied by the Samborskimen in the third, seventh, and ninth innings.

In the ninth inning Gleason accounted for the last two counters with a single through the infield. Captain "Pooch" Haley and Bud Waldstein formed the nucleus of the outfield while Bart Harvey, Art Scully, Bill Barnes, and Gleason filled out an errorless infield. Bob Axtell did a creditable job at the backstop post.