North-South All-Star Lacrosse Game Listed

Best Varsity Team in Years Has Good Chance to Place Men on Yankee Ten

An all-star lacrosse game between the North and the South, the first in the history of the sport, has been arranged for June 14, it was announced in New York yesterday. It will be played in the Municipal Stadium in Baltimore, commemorating the 100th anniversary of the first organized lacrosse game in the United States.

Northern players will be chosen from among Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Dartmouth, Cornell, Colgate, Penn State, M.I.T., Union, Syracuse, Army, Hobart, Stevens, C.C.N.Y., New Hampshire, Rutgers, and Williams. In selecting the players, the dividing line will be Philadelphia, with the University of Pennsylvania and Swarthmore being included among the Southern teams.

Crimson May Be Represented

The South will also be represented by players from Maryland, Navy, Virginia, Washington and Lee, Johns Hopkins, only to mention a few. The Northern team will practice for three days at the Montclair Athletic Club in Montclair, New Jersey, concluding with a practice game with the Montclair A. C. before entraining for Baltimore.

This year's Harvard Varsity lacrosse team was the best to wear Crimson spangles in many years, and some of Coach Witherspoon's men have a chance to break into that select all-star group. Captain Gordy Halstead, Doug Anderson, Pete Zouck, Jess Willard, and George Hanford were outstanding individual stars this spring, and may make the Northern squad.