DEAN CHASE'S STATEMENT

The University has accepted an offer made by Phillips Brooks House to operate a temporary placement office for the Senior class during the present academic year.

Since the decision last spring to discontinue the placement service administered under the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, the Administration has been studying the whole problem of placement for the entire University with the aid of an Alumni Committee, it now seems probable that this Committee will not render a report this fall in time to set up a new organization during the current year. This being the case the University accepts gladly the offer of Phillips Brooks House.

Mr. Plimpton, who has had much experience with the problems of placement and has directed these matters with many different types of employers, will be glad to see any student who wishes to obtain his advice during the year.

Mr. Casner's office, which is charged with the currently important task of providing information to students on openings in defense activities, will be continued.